Daily update, version 6h and 6i
Hello dear Donald
Here's my daily post ^_^
It's true that I have (a very bad habit) of sketching "too far" for one particular object/character and not doing "enough posing studies". It's a major flaw that has been pointed out to me maybe a year ago and I'm still struggling to get out of this bad habit of "patch work" instead of real composition. So thank you to mentioning / reminding me this, I guess the more I hear it, better I'll get into it. Next time, I should start with less details, more ruff sketches and I'll keep in mind to try more different poses / angles.
So here, I've tried to flip the dragon in the right side, throwing fire to the left as suggested (6h). I'm keeping 6d and 6g for better comparison.
And while I was posting here, I remembered that we've talked about how to improve 6d, so I went giving it a shot. First, I have corrected the ratio of the frame. Then I have scaled up the main character (now for the 6i version, she literally takes half of the frame), and she is more centered. With the new ratio, I could replace the castle more to the right, so that the dragon really fits in between the wings of the griffin. I also replace the king more in the corner and lower.
I believe that the narrative of this one is more like, she got this. Her head is high above everything in the scene, she leads the way, saves her baby princess, and the dragon is not even noticing that they are slipping away. The dragon is there in his fiery passion (fire, light, yellow/orange glows), while the king and queen are in the dime cool light of the moon (blue) that would translate their fear, sadness, bitterness (back lighted, they are "in the dark", loosing everything and not really knowing what to do, where to go, they simply grab their life and make a run for it).
I believe that the narrative of this one is more like, she got this. Her head is high above everything in the scene, she leads the way, saves her baby princess, and the dragon is not even noticing that they are slipping away. The dragon is there in his fiery passion (fire, light, yellow/orange glows), while the king and queen are in the dime cool light of the moon (blue) that would translate their fear, sadness, bitterness (back lighted, they are "in the dark", loosing everything and not really knowing what to do, where to go, they simply grab their life and make a run for it).
I'm still unsure which one to pick. (Aaaarrgh!)
Drama dragon high in the sky (6h) or Tiny dragon and strong Mrs Q (6i)
(Maybe that's one of the reason why I don't like to make many sketches: thought ideas gets better and better with each version, I have a very hard time choosing the right one. I see the pros and cons of each, but can't make a decision about it >_< )
Ok yes 6i works. Let's proceed with polishing. Good work!
ReplyDelete