Week 5 : Need comment/critic for a final choice!


Ok, here's where I'm at.
The first is the one "chosen" in class (but needed some tweaking).
The second, I tried to place the dragon some place else... really didn't like it (it's unfinished, I've stop the "blue" layer)
The third is about what we talked would work better... 
But then I though I might give it a try with the griffin being higher and the dragon lower, so I gave it a try in the fourth picture. I think it's the one I prefer, because the silhouette of the griffin + Mrs Q + baby is clear and half detached of the background, bringing here upfront like she should.

So, my main palet of 2 colors, would be the complementary of blue/violet and orange/yellow.
Mrs Q's griffin is a mix of snow owl and snow leopard (so mainly white, but back-lighted and mostly in the bluish light of the moon).





Comments

  1. Very nice work Démie. Although #3 and #4 are nicely composed and easily readable I think the dynamic in #1 is far more effective. The fact that your heroine and the head of griffin are on the right side of the image is giving a better suggestion of speed. What you like about #4 (overall silhouette of main subject) can be achieved in #1 (rim light of fire). I also have to add I'm not bothered by the fact that the wings are cut out of frame. I suggest you get ride of the other griffin and try to make room for the monster instead. If you really want to keep it try to hide it a bit more (behind main subject) using the empty space between both griffins (we don't have to see as much of it as the main griffin). Try to fill up the upper part of the image with the monster without thinking too much about the castle, we'll find a way to indicate the pertinent parts of it when we have a striking posing for the monster. This will be great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment