Week five - I need help deciding how my creature will look like.
I came up with some ideas about how my creature will look like. Considering the feedback from last class I was focusing on putting the monster in a strong position, solid on the ground. Tell me please if some of these designs are good and if the poses are strong. I thought about mixing different parts from different poses. Ex: The hands of the first one but with the body of the second pose.
I didn't choose the colors yet because I was focusing in these positions.
Thank you!




Those look very nice Guilherme but as we talked in class your original thumbnail already worked, it was just a matter of grounding your character and try to find a way to make it look more fierce. I understand you want a creature design that pleases you but right now you should try to sketch on top of your thumbnail and have your design fit on it approximately. #1 to 3 can be adapted to your original thumbnail even if the creature seems taller and slimmer, and the most important aspects to refine as we discussed are the creature's right leg and foot and it's head position in relation with the shoulders. Try not to diverge too much from your thumbnail as I said, it already works. Don't worry about color right now. Good work. I see that the pumpkinhead inspired you :)
ReplyDeleteI know, Sorry for changing a lot the creature, but the first one that we talked about, I don't know, i didn't like it at all. That's why I changed a lot how it's look like. I wont spend more time on that , I swear. I really liked the Pumpkinhead design, I used the shape of the mouth a lot and changed the rest. I would like to use it. working on the foot and the head
ReplyDeleteThank you, Donald!