Week 5 : Need comment/critic for a final choice! (second time)
Like this?
Re-edited: here, this one (6g)
(Wrong framing ratio)(6e):
For the reminder, last time was like this:
I'm not as convinced with "6g" as I was with the previous one (the bigger one above, "6d"). In 6g, the dragon is so high and big, though the drama is more there, I feel the narrative is more "silly", cuz the dragon would see them slip away and just follow, whereas in "6d", the "snicking run away through the night" felt more... hopeful and it made more sense that they fly away instead of "run away" by horses, so what I mean?
Maybe I'm putting the "logic of the narrative" above the needs of dramatic composition?
Is it a bad thing (to put the narrative before the drama/composition) ?
Ok I understand what you mean Démie(6d vs 6g). Both work in terms of storytelling. 6d (in previous post) is more static and has a big hole (top right). 6g is more dynamic and although it does have a dead space at top right it doesn't feel empty because of the space taken by heroine and griffin. I would try to have the dragon smaller and possibly flipped horizontaly so that it spits fire on the left side of the image instead of the right side. One last thing, and it's just a thought I'm realizing now: although you've made a quite few thumbnails so far for this particular image, none of them features a different posing of your main subject (heroine riding griffin), only different placement in the frame. The fact that you like 6d has a lot to do with the fact that we see more of the wings of griffin I think. All of that because you stuck with one pose that you really wanted to work and it's ok, but it can be very though to find your ideal shot if you are not considering changing the pose of your main subject anymore. I don't mind you go for 6d but try to find a way to bring in your main subject closer to the center. I will surely make a short demo with your work tursday if you don't mind. Good work!
ReplyDelete